Tried out another recipe of the mushi-pan! You can find the recipe that I have previously shared here. The mushi-pan turns out really soft and fluffy!
Recipe adapted from WanwanTea
Makes 10 mini muffin sized cakes
150g pancake mix (1 packet morinaga hotcake mix)
40g caster sugar
40g full cream milk
40g plain yoghurt (i am using vanilla flavored yoghurt)
20g unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
Yellow food gel coloring (optional)
- Beat egg and sugar in a mixing bowl using a hand whisk. Add in milk and yoghurt, mix well.
- Sift in pancake mix and mix well.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of batter into a small bowl and add in 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of batter and add in yellow gel coloring (dip in toothpick).
- Scoop batter into mini muffin tray (leave out the brown batter). Using a toothpick, draw the fine facial details using the brown batter.
- Line a heat proof plate/ baking tray with baking paper. Use the leftover batter for the ears and purin’s hat.
- Boil water in a steamer. Place mini muffin tray in steamer and steam on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- For the ears and hats, steam for ~2 minutes.
- Add the ears and hats on the mushi-pan and serve warm.
Try making it yourself! 🙂