Fancy some kawaii steamed buns? Check out this quick and easy recipe made with pancake mix!
Recipe adapted from Bento Monsters
Makes 2 pikachu buns
150g Morinaga pancake mix
1 tbsp salad oil
1 tbsp cocoa powder
yellow food gel colouring (optional)
pink food gel colouring (optional)
1/4 Cheese slice
1 tbsp chocolate chips
- To make the dough, sieve pancake mix.
- Add in salad oil.
- Add in water gradually, use your hands to keep mixing till the dough comes together. Knead for around 5 minutes, till the dough becomes soft and smooth.
- Divide the dough into 3 parts (1 big, 2 small balls). Add in pink food colouring and cocoa powder to the 2 small dough respectively. Add in yellow food colouring to the big dough. Knead till the colours are even.
- Roll out 2 balls of yellow dough and place the fillings in the middle of the dough, wrap it up and pleat the edges to seal. (this will be the body of the pikachu)
- Use the remaining dough to make the head, ears, limbs and face. And place the buns on baking paper.
- Place the buns into the steamer and steam them on low heat for around 15 minutes.