Recipe adapted from Little Miss Bento
260g bread flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
10g unsalted butter
1 teaspoon instant yeast
160ml milk (i use milk instead of water in the original recipe)
2 tablespoons lotus biscoff spread (optional)
- Sieve the bread flour. Add bread flour, sugar, salt, butter, yeast and water and knead until smooth (and the dough should not stick to your hands). I am using my kitchenaid stand mixer with dough hook.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a cling wrap and let the dough rise at room temperature (takes about 1 hour).
- Prepare the lotus biscoff filling for the bread. I use ~1 tablespoon of the biscoff spread each and wrap it in cling wrap. Chill in the freezer.
- After 1 hour, the dough should double in size. Use the finger test, the dough should spring back slowly with an indentation.
- Dust your fist with some bread flour and punch out the air from the dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions. Roll them out and smooth into small balls. Cover with a wet towel and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and shape them into the bears. Wrap the biscoff filling in the largest dough (head of the bear), making sure the filling is at the centre of the dough. Cover with damp cloth and set aside for 20 minutes. Make sure that you leave some space between the bears as they will expand further. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Bake the bread for about 15 minutes at 170°C. To prevent browning, cover the bread with aluminium foil after 5 minutes of baking.
- Add in the eyes and nose for the teddy bear with a black food marker or chocolate.