Made these lovely Line Friends cupcakes for my hubby on Valentine’s Day ❤ I left out the frosting for the baby and he loves them too!
Recipe adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen
1 1/4 cups cake flour (Watch How to Make Cake Flour)
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs, room temp
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup canola oil (vegetable or extra light olive oil also work)
1/2 cup buttermilk
Baileys buttercream frosting: (note: not for kids!)
40g unsalted butter, room temp
Pinch of salt
1 cup icing sugar
3-4 teaspoons Baileys Irish Cream
1 teaspoon cocoa powder, for dusting
Line chocolate deco:
Dark chocolate, melted
Milk chocolate, melted
White chocolate, melted
Pink icing or strawberry buttons, melted
You can leave out the frosting for the kids, or use this basic whipped cream recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 1/4 cups cake flour, 1 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt. Set flour mix aside.
- In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs on medium speed. (You may use an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat on medium speed for 15-20 seconds).
- Add 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat on medium speed (30 seconds).
- Add vanilla and oil and beat on medium speed (1 minute).
- Reduce speed to medium/low and slowly add about half of the flour mixture, mixing until incorporated. Add half of the buttermilk and mix until incorporated. Repeat with remaining flour and buttermilk. Beat until just combined and smooth, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl as needed. The batter will be thin.
- Scoop batter into a lined muffin pan. Fill liners to about 3/4 full (do not over-fill).
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let them cool in the pan for a couple minutes, then remove.
Baileys buttercream frosting:
- Add butter, icing sugar in a bowl.
- Beat on high until light and fluffy.
- Add Baileys Irish Cream a bit at a time until desired flavor and consistency is achieved.
- Pipe on the frosting on the cooled cupcakes using a piping bag.
- Dust some cocoa powder on the frosting and add the Line Friends chocolate before serving.
Line chocolate deco:
- Melt all chocolates and fill up the details on the chocolate mold. I used a toothpick to trace the details.
- Cool the chocolate in the fridge until hardened.