For this recipe, I replaced 1/2 of the all-purpose flour with 10 grain flour from Bob’s Red Mill. Love the oat-y, nutty taste, and it is a good source of fiber and nutrition!
I made half of the muffins without the strudel crumb topping for my baby bear… and he loves it! 🙂
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup 10 grain flour (can be replaced with all-purpose flour)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter
20g white sugar
20g brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 organic apples (1 shredded, 1 chopped)
Strudel Crumb Topping:
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons unbleached all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1-1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Grease muffin pan.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Beat together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth in another bowl. Mix in vanilla. Stir in apples, and gradually blend in the flour mixture. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over tops of mixture in muffin pan.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to sit 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan. Cool on a wire rack.